How to turn on Logging
- Navigate to the config folder at ...Steam/steamapps/common/Dungeon Defenders 2/DunDef2/UDKGame/config/
- Edit UDKEngine.ini with Notepad or Notepad++
- Change the following lines within UDKEngine.ini file by putting a semi-colon in front of them so they look like the following:
- Save the updated UDKEngine.ini
- Launch Dungeon Defenders 2 and replicate the issue you've been experiencing.
- Once you have replicated the issue close Dungeon Defenders 2. If the issue is the game not completely loading please wait 1 minute and then force close the game.
- Navigate to the logs folder at ...Steam/steamapps/common/Dungeon Defenders 2/DunDef2/UDKGame/Logs
- Right Click the Launch.log file you see in the folder and select Send To...Compressed (Zipped) file
- Follow the instructions below on where to email and additional info requested.
Email the .zip logged file to email@example.com please make sure to include the following details:
- Subject: Name of the issue you're experiencing. (e.g.: Connection to the host has been lost, Could not successfully authenticate with Steam, Initalizing Game Resource and etc.)
- Body: Please be detailed on where you get the error and how often. (e.g.:Main menu when I click Play Private, when I click play on a map, and etc.) Also include a link to your Steam profile (e.g.: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051185047)
- Additional Helpful Info: Please include screenshot of the error or/and a link to a video of the issue happening.
- If you can also include your DxDiag and MSInfo that would let us know details of your computer setup.
- Lastly, let us also know if you would like to be contacted for possible further troubleshooting.
Special Note: While you may not receive a direct response to any email you send we do appreciate any information given to us. Thank you!
How to turn off Logging
- Close the game and launcher if open.
- Navigate to ...Steam/steamapps/common/Dungeon Defenders 2/DunDef2/UDKGame/config/
- Delete UDKEngine.ini file
The next launch of the game will recreate your UDKEngine.ini file for you with logging turned off.